[Hidden-tech] Mobile app developer recommendation?

Steven Aronstein saronstein at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:33:38 UTC 2022

Hi,

We need to build a mobile app to display various data (customized pages of
text, audio recordings, images) for users logged into it. It doesn’t have
to be super fancy, but professional and best practices is what we’d like to
see — not just something sold to us by one of those mobile app factories
that looks like it’s just using whatever graphic system they created for
ease of development and doesn’t use built in OS tools.

We basically want to take a bunch of text and media we can store either on
our website or another online database and have the app access it with a
good UI for users to see or play it and chose from lists of other data to
add more to their personal library.

We don’t want to spend an arm and a leg, but don’t even know where to start
- a local developer, something national? I don’t even really have a sense
of pricing: We’ve had national developers approach us before, but have no
idea if these guys are charging high rates that they charge big companies,
naive small companies, etc. Really what I’m saying is clueless and not even
clear if I know what I don’t know.

Can anyone here help make me less stupid about this stuff?

-Steve