[Hidden-tech] AT&T vs Verizon vs T-Mobile

Michael Muller tech at montaguewebworks.com
Wed Oct 19 15:11:46 UTC 2022

Hey hidden folks,

I are considering moving my cell service off Verizon to AT&T, partly
because we now go to Warwick a lot and have zero Verizon service out
there. We've seen people getting texts and calls out near Moore's Pond,
while we can't.

Anyone currently have AT&T or Sprint/T-Mobile and have comparative
stories to tell about coverage in the "fringe" towns of Western Mass?

I don't want to say price is not important, but I'm nervous about using
a sub-carrier/MVNO that rides on someone else's network. Especially
because those services sometimes have less data available, and we use a
lot of data.

This website, below, seems to show coverage maps, and declares: "AT&T
has the widest network reach in Massachusetts for both 4G LTE and 5G
coverage, and takes the title for the best network in the state. Verizon
comes in second for 4G LTE coverage, with T-Mobile following very
closely behind in third place—though the Un-carrier's 5G coverage is
almost neck and neck with AT&T's state-best network."

  * https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Best-Coverage-in-Massachusetts-USA
    <https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/Best-Coverage-in-Massachusetts-USA>

Is that everyone's experience?

Does anyone use Boost Mobile, Metro or Cricket Wireless, and what's your
experience?

Thanks,

Mik

--