[Hidden-tech] Substack as a newsletter platform?

Marcia Yudkin yudkinyudkin at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 22:40:26 UTC 2022

Hi Hidden Techers,

Has anyone on the list created a Substack newsletter?  If so, what do you feel its advantages and disadvantages are?

I'm seriously considering starting a new newsletter on Substack, and while doing intensive research on it, I started to wonder why - since it's free and it allows one to import one's existing list - why I don't just switch my existing newsletter over to it and save money.

One possible disadvantage would be that if I did that and Substack changed its business model, eliminating the free option, then I'd have to switch newsletter hosts again, something I've done at least twice before, with unfortunate results.

Your thoughts?

Marcia Yudkin
www.yudkin.com