[Hidden-tech] Hiring part-time Vue developer - South Hadley Raspberry Pi business

Michael Lynch michael at mtlynch.io
Thu May 27 22:21:16 UTC 2021

I'm Michael, the founder of _TinyPilot_ <https://tinypilotkvm.com/> here in South Hadley, MA. I sell an open source IT management device based on the Raspberry Pi.

I’m looking for a freelance developer with experience in Vue, HTML, and CSS to do 10-15 hours of work per week on the _TinyPilot sales site_ <https://tinypilotkvm.com/> and _the TinyPilot web app_ <https://github.com/mtlynch/tinypilot>.

About Me

I’m a former Google and Microsoft employee, but now I focus full-time on my own software businesses and write about software and entrepreneurship stuff _on my blog_ <https://mtlynch.io/>.

I launched TinyPilot in July of last year, and the business has grown consistently since then. I work with two other part-time developers who work remotely and three local staffers who handle order fulfillment and inventory.
Perks

 * Flexible hours

 * Work from anywhere

 * Freedom to influence product direction

 * Work with a growing bootstrapped startup

 * Constructive code feedback from a developer with 15 years of experience

Requirements

 * Strong written English

 * Comfort with Vue 2

 * Comfort with JavaScript/HTML/CSS

 * Comfort with git

 * An appreciation for intuitive, maintainable code

Nice-to-haves

 * Familiarity with _Gridsome_ <https://gridsome.org/>

 * An ability to improve upon web UIs

How I work with freelance developers

I wrote a blog post explaining how I work with freelance developers.

 * _Guidelines for Freelance Developers_ <https://mtlynch.io/freelancer-guidelines/>

You don’t have to read the whole thing now, but I recommend at least skimming it to see if it’s a working style you’d enjoy.

Hiring process

I _don’t do technical interviews_ <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wbXw6G7c6T-PnqIZzFzzzx8Iy3NKTHqcb6SDEPgdKxc/edit#bookmark=id.a8xb0xd9d95i>, as I think it’s easier to just start with a small paid assignment and see how it goes.

To apply

Email jobs at tinypilotkvm.com with:

 * A note explaining why you’d be a good match for this work

   * You’ll have a much higher chance of a follow-up if you discuss specific details of TinyPilot and what I’ve described about the work.

 * Your resume

 * An example of code you’re proud of

   * A project is ideal, but a single file is fine, as long as it’s 100+ lines of code

   * If you send a link to a large product, point me to a file/folder that’s interesting

 * An example website you’ve built

 * Your desired hourly pay