[Hidden-tech] Excel or Google Sheets Expert? For Covid Risk Calculator, and other work.

Rob Laporte rob at 2disc.com
Sat May 8 16:13:04 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I’ve long thought the public should have a Covid risk calculator in which one could enter or click their age and comorbidities to get a probability of hospitalization, critical care, and death upon infection. Given the year plus of official date now, it should be relatively easy to make a one that accurately reflects official data. For example, the CDC recently updated their “survival rates by age” behind which they provide more detailed data then this CDC summary::

0-17:       99.997%
18-49:     99.95%
50-64:     99.4%
65+:        91%

Backing out all comorbidities makes risks dramatically lower than the above. For example, the CDC reports that 78% of deaths come from the overweight and obese cohort. Many people would like to know their individual risk.

You would think our governments would provide this, but I could find nothing of the sort. This Github project may be it, but if it is a spreadsheet, my upload to Google Sheets didn’t make it work; perhaps it would work on Excel. https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19/tree/master/csse_covid_19_data .

For anyone who could handle the above, I have other Google Sheet work for my firm I’d pay for.

Take Care,

Rob Laporte

Chief Business Development Officer | Founder | Chairman

DISC - Making Websites Make Money

413-584-6500

rob at 2disc.com<mailto:rob at 2disc.com> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/2disc/> | 2DISC.com<https://www.2disc.com>

NOTE: Emails can be blocked by spam filters throughout the web. If you don’t get a reply within an expected span of time, please call.