[Hidden-tech] JOB: Engineering Software Developer - New Position

Martha Marteney martha at ftllabscorp.com
Thu Jan 28 15:19:44 UTC 2021

*ABOUT THE POSITION:*

FTL Labs in Amherst, MA has recently been awarded an exciting 12 to
18-month program with the US Navy that employs cutting-edge image
acquisition, 3D modeling, and artificial intelligence to solve maintenance
and readiness challenges. We are seeking a full-time Engineering Software
Developer with technical software development skills for desktop and
Android platforms to address this specific challenge. Relevant skills
include the following:

C#, WPF, C++, SQL, Python
Machine vision, image processing, and target recognition
3D graphics, modeling, transforms, and visualization
Mathematical modelling and algorithms (MATLAB, R)
Machine learning, neural nets, AI
Database and cloud architectures
Visualization and manipulation of large data sets
Photogrammetry, point clouds, and digitization of physical environments
Self-motivated and goal oriented
Fun and easy to work with in a dynamic team

Bachelor's degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of
experience. Due to the nature of our work for the U.S. Government, we are
required to hire U.S. Citizens. We apologize for not having more hiring
flexibility.

$62,000 to $95,000 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Full-Time

Work from home will be necessary during COVID distancing restrictions and
could be acceptable generally.

FTL Labs is in the vibrant intellectual community of western Massachusetts,
close to the University of Massachusetts flagship campus and Amherst
College. Pay is commensurate with experience. We offer competitive
compensation and benefits, including excellent health and dental coverage,
short- and long-term disability, life insurance, profit-sharing, and 401k
with employer contribution. During the COVID public health emergency all
FTL employees are telecommuting, and we look forward to returning to our
office in Amherst when we can ensure it will not endanger the health or
safety of our staff.

*APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:*

Please email your resume and 3 references (at least 2 professional
contacts) to kristie at ftllabscorp.com and mike at ftllabscorp.com.

*ABOUT FTL LABS:*

FTL Labs Corporation is a tight-knit association of Ph.D. scientists and
seasoned engineers who work to develop next-generation software and
technology products to solve problems for government and industrial
clients. FTL personnel have participated in Phase I, Phase II, and Phase
III Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) programs through the National
Science Foundation, Department of Defense, and NASA, and we strive to
transition these technologies to the market. We frequently collaborate with
both academic and industry leaders, such as UMass Amherst, Northrop Grumman
and Sikorsky. Our work demonstrates innovative thinking in a team setting
across a wide range of fields and specialties, including:

* Machine learning, neural nets, and artificial intelligence
* Expertise in optics, ultrasound, image analysis, robotics, and life
sciences
* Big data analysis, virtual and augmented reality
* Custom software solutions

FTL Labs is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer; veterans are
encouraged to apply.

We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding
recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws.

If you are a creative self-starter, technically innovative, and have
excellent writing skills, we want to hear from you!

--
Martha Marteney
She/Her/Hers

--

FTL Labs Corporation
www.ftllabscorp.com <http://www.ftllabscorp.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain
confidential or privileged information for the use of the designated
recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and
that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
it
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in
error,
please promptly notify the sender or admin at ftllabscorp.com
<mailto:admin at ftllabscorp.com> and immediately delete this message and any
attachments from your system.