[Hidden-tech] Word template

Larry Kuttner lkuttner at nesea.org
Thu Apr 1 22:22:25 UTC 2021

When you have that document open in Word, click Save As, and then at the
bottom select Save As Word Template (*.dotx) and navigate to your template
folder and save it.
Typically the folder is at
C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

Once the template file is in that folder, when you click on New in the File
menu, that template will appear in Available Templates > My Templates.
When you click on it, it will create a new document using that template.

As far as I know, there is no way to prevent the changing elements in the
new document, but even if someone does, that won't affect the original
template which would be unchanged..

--
*Larry Kuttner*
Information Technology Manager