[Hidden-tech] Power Supplies for Emergencies (PC and home devices)

claudia at claudiagere.com claudia at claudiagere.com
Sat Oct 10 22:47:50 UTC 2020

I bought this APC model to back up my router for uninterrupted Internet and phone service and carbon monoxide monitor. I needed a number of battery powered outlets to hook everything up, with some crazy plugs that took up more than one outlet.

 <https://www.staples.com/product_2259350?cid=EM:shipped::sku&&data-cta-category=%5bPRODUCT%5d> APC BackUPS BE Series 900VA Desktop Battery Backup Surge Protector 9Outlets BN900M
Item: 2259350

APC has a system calculator to give you a sense of how long the various systems last. https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/tools/ups_selector/

I’ve used it twice since purchasing and for those simple things it gives me 5-plus hours. We have a gasoline powered generator for longer stretches without power. I’m not technical, but knew I wanted more time than a few minutes, especially if I was in the middle of delivering online training.

Hope this helps. Claudia

Claudia Gere & Co. LLC

Helping Smart People Become Outstanding Authors TM

http://tiny.cc/nameyourbook

+1.413-359.0003

ClaudiaGere.com