[Hidden-tech] Unusual(?) request for a computer

bluemoon at crocker.com bluemoon at crocker.com
Fri Nov 27 16:57:24 UTC 2020

I have an unusual request for a computer that doesn’t have to be
fully functional.

I need to use a program that will only run on Windows 10 which I
can’t use on my current computer. As that is all I need to do I
could use a computer that doesn’t have a working monitor as long as
I can plug in an external one, doesn’t have working CD/DVD drive or
wireless, although I might meet to plug in to internet with CAT-5, not
sure, doesn’t have working track pad or keyboard as long as it has
at least one working USB outlet so I can plug in external, I don’t
need sound. Hard drive size also not an issue either I am thinking
(the program and data only need about 2 Gigs), laptop with dead
battery also fine as long as it will work plugged in. Doesn’t even
have to be super fast as long as it will run Windows 10. I don’t
know what else I am not thinking of right now that it might not need
and I think you get the idea, it’s just for this one program.

Anyone have one just sitting around from which you upgraded or
replaced due to any of the above malfunctions?

Oh, and I know all of the reasons I should upgrade to Windows 10 on my
current machine and for reasons I won't detail here, that isn't going
to work. Eventually I will get a new machine, fully featured and
functional and that just isn't in the cards at the moment so for now I
just want to get this project done.

Thanks,

Gary