[Hidden-tech] Modem alternatives to Comcast/Xfinity

Arthur Evans arthr.evans at gmail.com
Mon May 25 19:06:09 UTC 2020

We've been renting Comcast modems for years, now at $14.00/month and we
have connectivity issues with wi-fi which we have only had moderate success
fixing with an extender.
We are looking for recommendations for the advisability of buying a modem
with extenders for a larger home to replace Xfinity's which will last well
- or is it best to stick with what Xfinity provides? Any good modem and
extender packages recommended?  Xfinity suggested we purchase xFi Pods
($119 + tax + delivery for three pods) to fix the problem.  Thanks in
advance.
- Arthur