[Hidden-tech] * * * Chest freezers available at locally-owned stores? * * *

Tom Kopec tek at acm.org
Thu May 14 11:15:38 UTC 2020

I think you'll find that all the local appliance shops are part of one
of only a few "buying groups" .. so things will likely be pretty evenly
"out of stock"

When we sold the Amherst house in mid-march, the buyers wanted the
freezer.. "No problem!" I thought, figuring I'd just buy a new one in
FL.. Even back then, none of the local shops in FL had any.. finally
ended up snagging one at Best Buy, but even they are out now.

So something like Craigslist (as others have noted) is likely to be your
only choice in the short term.

(As a side note, I've had good purchase/delivery experiences with
Manny's over the years, though their service department has been spotty..)

...tom