[Hidden-tech] Machine learning for games

Alan Frank alan at 8wheels.org
Wed Mar 25 14:03:20 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am working on a program to play a game which is structurally similar
to backgammon.  (It is a proprietary game, so I don't want to use the
name on a semi-public forum.)  I anticipate using some form of machine
learning to get the program to play well.  All of the references which I
have been able to find on machine learning are for training against
static data sets or solitaire games.  I have some ideas on how to do
what I want, but not necessarily using state-of-the-art techniques.
Because I am hoping, in addition to coming up with a good program, to be
in a position to get a job in the machine learning field, I am looking
for any resources on current techniques that might be helpful in this
domain.  It would be particularly helpful to use AWS machine learning
here, as I am also trying to get up to speed on AWS.

--Alan