[Hidden-tech] Google Pixel phone fix?

David Korpiewski davidk at cs.umass.edu
Sun Mar 22 13:48:40 UTC 2020

One of my clients had his screen on his Google Pixel show all kinds of
static.    Then he accidentally dropped it from a balcony.    The phone
is in pretty bad shape but he really needs data off of this phone. The
phone does turn on (vibrates) when you press the power button and
vibrates when you press it again to turn it off, but the screen doesn't
work at all.

The issue with the static is well known, and is documented.  This
youtube video shows exactly this issue: https://youtu.be/0BEpgqpI7LE?t=53

I don't have a spare donor motherboard for one of these cube things that
melted on the original Pixel, and I definitely dont have the soldering
skills to solder something I can't see with my bare eye.   I also don't
have a spare screen.

Does anyone here want to give a shot to trying to make this phone work
again?   Let me know what it would cost for the fix and I'll relay to
the client.

Thanks a lot

David