[Hidden-tech] * * * Seeking reliable, honest plumber * * *

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 19:14:35 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

I am seeking a reliable, honest plumber who can complete this set-up for my
dad (see attached). He lives in the greater Lowell area. In days gone by,
he could have done this work himself, but at 85 years of age now, he needs
to hire someone. He is an engineer, did this drawing himself and this is
his description below. (He was a field engineer for IBM for 30+ years, if
you wanna talk shop; I remember going to work with him and seeing the
room-sized computers. :-) )

1) The street water supply enters the system as noted.  It is plumbed to
feed the two 300 gal. tanks in series with the normal supply. which then
supplies the house with fresh water which has passed through the two tanks
to keep them fresh.

2) The service has a system of manual ball valves to enable it to bypass
the tanks or pass through the tanks.  Mind you, we have a whole
house electric system which is powered by natural gas which kicks in
automatically when the street power is interrupted. If the gas is
interrupted, the bypass system allows us to live on the water tanks.

3) We have nothing to hide from the Town of ______________.  It's just that
it does tend to complicate things and slow the process.  We need to keep it
ONE way or the other once we start, because a license would have to be
issued and a formal diagram showing exactly how it is to be done.

4) You may have noticed the "Deep well pump" which provides household
pressure to keep it standard. The valve at the left end labeled "Float
valve" allows the street pressure to keep the tanks up to the maximum level
and not over.  The tanks are not pressurized and cannot be!!

5) Access to the water supply if the system is shutdown is through the
faucet, which has a garden hose thread  for filling pitchers or other
attachment devices.

6) Timeline for this project is asap.

Please send prospects and questions to me, and I will forward to my dad.

Thanks,

Deb