[Hidden-tech] Connected Online Backup

Alan Frank alan at 8wheels.org
Wed Jan 22 19:23:43 UTC 2020

I recently got a new computer to replace an old one.  I have been using
Connected Online Backup (also called Autonomy and at one point part of
Iron Mountain) for many years and it has served me well.  I would like
to move my account to my new computer.  The instructions say to log on
to my account at
https://ecommerce.connected.com/ssws/MyAccount/main.aspx.  However, when
I try this, I get a message "An Unexpected error occurred. Please try
again later.  If the problem persists, please contact support."  Just in
case the issue was a wrong password (not a good message if it is), I
tried the password reset link, but did not get an e-mail.  I tried their
support form and got no confirmation or response.  They are apparently a
subsidiary of MicroFocus and/or HP.  I tried the support lines for those
companies where at least I was able to talk to a person, but they were
unable to help; I am not sure they had ever heard of Connected.

Any suggestions on what I can try next, other than either the BBB or
badmouthing them on FB and see if they notice?

--Alan