[Hidden-tech] external hard drive system

explodingbee . explodingbee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 17:35:58 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

I want to purchase and set up a 10tb RAID1 external hard drive system.  (So
that would be two 10tb hard drives mirroring each other.)  Someone
suggested that I get a QNAP Tr-002 system (example:
https://www.newegg.com/qnap-tr-002-us/p/N82E16822099076?Description=qnap%20tr-002&cm_re=qnap_tr-002-_-22-099-076-_-Product&quicklink=true).
Does anyone know if that is a good system?  It is less expensive to get two
independent single 10tb external hard drives and use a mirroring function
available as part of Windows 10 to mirror the two drives but someone
advised me not to trust Windows 10 to do that.  Also, I was thinking of
getting SAS drives instead of NAS drives, but that is apparently a
different types of system and I don't know much about that.  Any thoughts
on these things?  Also, if I do get NAS drives, which ones are best?
Thanks in advance.

-Vincent