[Hidden-tech] JOB: Engineering Software Developer at FTL Labs Corporation

Elaine Davenport elaine at ftllabscorp.com
Tue Apr 28 14:53:51 UTC 2020

ABOUT FTL LABS CORPORATION

FTL Labs Corporation is a tight-knit association of Ph.D. scientists and
seasoned engineers who work to develop next-generation software and
technology products to solve problems for government and industrial
clients.  FTL personnel have participated in Phase I, Phase II, and Phase
III Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) programs through the National
Science Foundation, Department of Defense, and NASA, and we strive to
transition these technologies to the market. We frequently collaborate with
both academic and industry leaders, such as UMass Amherst, Northrop
Grumman, and Sikorsky.  Our work demonstrates innovative thinking in a team
setting across a wide range of fields and specialties, including:

   -

   Machine learning, neural nets, and artificial intelligence
   -

   Prototype and product design/engineering
   -

   Electronics interfacing
   -

   Expertise in optics, fuels, ultrasound, acoustics, robotics, and life
   sciences
   -

   Big data analysis, virtual and augmented reality
   -

   Custom software solutions

If you are a creative self-starter, technically innovative, and have
excellent writing skills, we want to hear from you!

ABOUT THE POSITION

2020 is a remarkable year for growth at FTL Labs. We have been awarded
several  Phase I &  II SBIR programs that build on our expertise in several
areas, including our innovative applications of convolutional neural nets. We
are seeking a full-time Engineering Software Developer with broad
development skills for PC and embedded processors,including the following:

   -

   Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
   -

   Robotics, machine vision, neural nets, AI
   -

   Unity3D, C#, C++, SQL, Visual Studio
   -

   3D modeling, CAD, and FEA solutions to mechanical engineering problems
   -

   Mathematical modelling and algorithms (Matlab, R)
   -

   Embedded processor firmware (PIC, Jetson, Toradex)
   -

   Database and cloud architectures
   -

   Visualization and manipulation of large data sets
   -

   Self-motivated and goal oriented
   -

   Fun and easy to work with in a dynamic team

Bachelor's degree or its equivalent with a minimum of  5 years of experience.
Due to the nature of our work for the U.S. Government, we are required to
hire U.S. Citizens. We apologize for not having more hiring flexibility.

FTL Labs is located in the vibrant intellectual community of western
Massachusetts, close to the University of Massachusetts flagship campus and
Amherst College. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including
excellent health and dental coverage, short and long term disability, life
insurance, profit-sharing, and 401k with employer contribution. During the
public health emergency all FTL employees are telecommuting, and we look
forward to returning to our office in Amherst when we can ensure it will
not endanger the health or safety of our staff.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Please email your resume and 3 references (at least 2 professional
contacts) to kristie at ftllabscorp.com and mike at ftllabscorp.com.

Elaine Davenport
Manager, Operations and Corporate Communications
pronouns: she/her or they/them

--

FTL Labs Corporation
www.ftllabscorp.com <http://www.ftllabscorp.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY

NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain

confidential or privileged information for the use of the designated

recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are

hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and

that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
it
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in
error,
please promptly notify the sender or admin at ftllabscorp.com
<mailto:admin at ftllabscorp.com> and immediately delete this message and any
attachments from your system.