[Hidden-tech] Chromebooks for kids

Rich@tnr rich at tnrglobal.com
Sat Apr 18 19:32:52 UTC 2020

I have converted a dozen older PCs to Chromebooks and wrote up the
procedure for anyone else to use:
http://www.tnrglobal.com/2020/04/reusing-computers-for-chromebook/

Technically this uses ChromeOS which is a public release of the OS
Google uses to make Chromebooks.
We used NeverWare home edition and allow for those that want get paid
support.

There was a debate at HT about using ChromeOS vs Mint (or another easy
to use Linux).
We decided to stick with ChromeOS since that is what many of the schools
are geared to expect.

If anyone has a Mint installable OS image we can put on a USB stick,
email me offline and I'll add details
to the instructions.

Also, if anyone has more machines we can process for any of the local
schools, please contact me offline.

Happy Trails and Stay Healthy.

--
Rich Roth