[Hidden-tech] 3 advices on devices ;)

Elyssa Serrilli elyssa.serrilli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 18:58:35 UTC 2019

Buonasera, neighbors,

I've been spending a lot of time in the woods and on farms in the past
several years, and, well, it's been a looong time since I've made any big
tech purchases.  My life is shifting a bit these days, and I sure would
appreciate some advice on these three items:

1. Additional monitor I can hook up to my macbook, for when I'm doing
digital design + writing side by side at home.  The monitor would live on
my desk.  I would occasionally use it to watch Netflix, too.  Questions --
size? brand? new/used? cost?

2. AM/FM Radio / cd player/ internet radio/spotify/pandora player - What's
good, simple, small... sounds nice?  A friend was just visiting from
Belgium and joked that boomboxes are still a thing, lol... really?  I do
like to occasionally listen to the actual radio... but want one that hooks
up to wifi radio and plays cd's, too.  Friends have suggested Alexa, but
she seems a little intrusive.

3. Camera/Video Recorder - small, simple, good picture/video/sound
quality.  I am so privileged to attend and be a part of amazing events and
activities.  I'd love for the good work and amazing art of the people I
love to get more publicity.  I'm curious about livestreaming capabilities,
and wonder if there is a phone that does all this, or if it's better to get
a separate device.

I always love to hear people's stories and experiences that color their
advice.  If you love to talk about gear... lay it on me! :)

In Service and Magycke, in Divine Play,
Elyssa Marie Serrilli

Cultural Engineer

*"If you have come here to help me, you are wasting our time. But if you
have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work
together." ~ Lilla Watson*