[Hidden-tech] DVD Conversion

The San alohasan9 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 18:23:16 UTC 2019

I hope I’ve reached the right people here; I send a copy of the following
from a friend and brother who greatly needs a solution; ANY solid reply
will be appreciated. Thanks!

“Request for Assistance:

I need help from a local to me (Northampton), to convert this DVD into a
format compliant for upload to my YouTube channel.

Unfortunately my ultra modern HP Spectre doesn't have an optical drive,
which I've not needed in nearly 8 yrs.

Our PS4 won't recognize the disc, because the writer used an ancient codec.

My ancient Dell Inspiron 6000 does recognize the disc, but it runs WinXP
Pro (!) and I can't find a proper ancient software to decode/encode into a
YT compliant MOV file.

I'm stuck among various degrees of technology without a solution. Other
than ordering an external optical drive. Which I do not want to do for this
once in a decade effort.

I do have rights to the video so there is no impropriety issue there.

It is the 2011 UMASS freshman orientation 'Welcome to UMass at Amherst'
community outreach video. I was approached by the administration and asked
to volunteer toward this per my then many community 'town & gown' Projects
that I developed and coordinated.

If any of you can help please DM or text me direct.

Thx!“
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile