[Hidden-tech] Gaia Host has gone AWOL; any advice?

Larry Kuttner lkuttner at nesea.org
Wed May 1 16:21:16 UTC 2019

Gaia Host stopped responding to our calls and emails last Fall.  We were
able, after following a process, to gain control of our domain which was
registered through Wild West Domains, which appears to be a Go Daddy
subsidiary.  They had me fill out an online form, after which they sent
emails to Gaia Host.  After they did not respond within two weeks, I had to
send proof of ID in the form of a picture of me holding my driver's license.
They then allowed me to renew our domain directly and recreate our DNS
profile on their server (GAIA Host had set-up it on some third-party server
at electricembers.coop).

Seven months later, we are still getting automated renewal notices from Gaia
Host, which seems to be a virtual ghost ship at this point.  I would keep
calling Go Daddy back until you talk to the right person who handles this
correctly.

-----
Larry Kuttner
Information Technology Manager
Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA)

<https://maps.google.com/?q=50+Miles+Street+Greenfield,+MA+01301+413&entry=g
mail&source=g> 50 Miles Street Greenfield, MA 01301
 <tel:(413)%20774-6051> 413.774.6051 ext. 12 .  <mailto:lkuttner at nesea.org>
lkuttner at nesea.org
 <http://www.nesea.org/> www.nesea.org