[Hidden-tech] Instagram question

Lynne Rudie lynnerudiedesign at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 15:35:04 UTC 2019

Hello Hidden Techies

I have a friend who has lost access to his instagram account. He said that about 2 years ago, someone “stole” his account and he has been unable to regain access to it. The account is still there and visible and under someone else’s name, although it hasn’t been used since it was stolen.

	He says that he has tried repeatedly to make use of whatever help resources he could find within instagram and gotten nowhere at all.
	He has since made a new instagram account in his own name and it is working fine, but he hasn’t been able to recreate the sizable list of followers he had with his old account and he would like to be able to access some of the other content. He’s also like to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
	Does anyone on this awesome list have any suggestions for him to try on his own, or any other resources he might find helpful?
	A few years ago I got locked out of my facebook account. The solution was to create a new account that I could log in to and then out of so that I could then log into my old account. Sounds easy but it took me a while to get there. Is there something similar that might work on instagram?

	If you need more specifics in order to help my friend, please let me know and I’ll put you in touch with him directly. (I have also recommended that he join this list.) I have an instagram account but really only use it to look at what my friends have posted so it’s not unthinkable that I would have missed some technical details of the situation.
	Thanks very much
	Lynne

Lynne Rudie Graphic Design
See my contact info at: LynneRudie.com