[Hidden-tech] Getting US news in China

Marcia Yudkin yudkinyudkin at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 20:15:33 UTC 2019

Has anyone been to China recently?  I've heard that Google, the New York Times and the Washington Post are all blocked in China now.

I'm going in the fall, and I really don't want to miss three whole weeks of our national drama and be bewildered when I come home.

Even if you don't know much about the Chinese firewall, can anyone think of a reliable website for US news that is unlikely to be banned by the Chinese Government?  Maybe because it's small and obscure?

I know there's something called a VPN that can sometimes get around the restrictions, but I fear I'm not techie enough to install that on my phone or laptop and troubleshoot it if it messes me up.

Thanks for any tips.

Marcia Yudkin
www.yudkin.com
Goshen