[Hidden-tech] weird computer problem

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Fri Jan 25 14:10:13 UTC 2019

If you are using the internal speaker system, then the problem might be the
connector for earphones.

Those connectors are designed for maximum function & minimum cost. When
inserted, the earphone plug moves a tiny piece of metal out of the way of
another, and just touches it to get to the audio line. This moving metal
also disconnects the internal speakers.

There could be some dust / dirt there. Pushing any earphone plug in and out
several times can clean it.

Don't put anything but a earphone connector in the slot. While the internal
connector is a 15 cent item, the cost of having it changed is probably a
C-note.

Jim Ussailis

National Wireless, Inc

Original email: