[Hidden-tech] cat and mouse

Lynne Rudie lynnerudiedesign at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 17:25:31 UTC 2019

Hello Hidden Techies
	Feel free to roll your eyes but I need some advice about how to keep my (computer) mice from being clogged with cat hair.
	I love the blue tooth mouse that came with my imac but after a while I found I had to clean out the sensor (with a q-tip or the end of a bent paperclip or both) with increasing frequency to keep it functional.
	I went to my back-up wired mouse and for a while I could just blow on the sensor to keep it clean enough to work consistently, but now it is not working well either.
	I have an old-style “magic mouse” that is currently paired to my laptop that also gets clogged when I use it consistently but it’s the only one I can take apart to get all the hair out of it. I don’t like to use it for everyday work because it eats batteries but I’m wondering if that is actually my best option.

	For the record, I have “just” one elderly cat who very rarely gets on my desk and I keep my studio pretty clean — it seems as though this shouldn’t be a serious problem but it has become very annoying. I can’t possibly be the only cat-person on this list, right? I will be SO grateful for any suggestions or solutions.
	Thank you
	Lynne

Lynne Rudie Graphic Design
See my contact info at: LynneRudie.com