[Hidden-tech] Instagram Question

Christine Dutton cgdutton7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 13:57:50 UTC 2019

Hi Folks,
I have an Instagram question. In this particular case, a user was logged
into their account on their account and then logged into the account on a
computer using an agent switcher for Chrome. The purpose of an agent
switcher is to "trick" Instagram into thinking a laptop device is mobile or
an Ipad. At the same time, a third person was making attempts to set the
Instagram account on Hootsuite. The account was logged out of on the laptop
and the password was no longer working. The original user used their phone
to do a password reset on their phone. Each new password would not work. As
an aside, the Instagram account was set up on an email that is no longer
actually in use, but gets forwarded to another account. After several
password resets, the account disappeared from the users phone.
Please let me know if you have any advisement on this issue-what the
problem might be and troubleshooting ideas.
Christine
*Christine Dutton*
*Dutton Consulting *
*413-626-6377*