[Hidden-tech] Need advice on some threatening emails

junkmail at creathcarter.com junkmail at creathcarter.com
Tue Apr 23 19:26:41 UTC 2019

I've been receiving these as well for a couple months.  They're new to
me as well.  The initial emails (formatted the same as the one you
posted), included a really old password I had a used years and years
ago.  As much as I can figure, your password and email address (and
mine) were compromised at some point in the past, probably a corporate
server-hack, and ended up for sale along with a horde of other leaked
credentials online.  Someone finally got around to hooking those up to
a bot for spamming phishing attempts, I presume.

The emails are safe to ignore, but I would not open any in HTML format
or reply to them at all.  There's nothing I can offer in terms of
prevention or identifying anyone involved.

creath