[Hidden-tech] Got my PC today. How do I get it exchanging files with the Mac?

Tony Gomes tong6998 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:01:28 EST 2018

There are a bunch of free antivirus programs out there, or even paid ones with free variants. The top two for the last decade or so are: AVG and Avast. Recently Avast baught out AVG so they are owned by the same company but still two separate products.
I've been using both for years but have found that AVG seems to be a little more "hefty" to run as of the last 2 or 3 years, so I've gone to Avast. Just be careful/mindfull because both products try to install a bunch of other stuff to "help" you out. And make sure to put either of them into "gaming mode" so as to stop anoying pop ups.  With either product they kind of want you to run manual scans but there is a "burried" way to set up scheduled automatic scans, a little Google and you'll find it.
Pair that with Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free to use in manual mode, pay mode for schedules and live services), and this should cover 99% of everything you run into that's bad.

Hope this helps,
Tony