[Hidden-tech] HughesNet reviews

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Sat Sep 30 18:58:08 EDT 2017

Disclaimer - I am not the user BUT ...

One of my co-workers has used HughesNet since she moved to Ashfield a
couple of years ago,

it clearly has issues with bandwidth limits, esp when using GotoMeeting
for online lessons,
and now some video hungry family members (not only teens)

In her area, there is no DSL option although she used to have it in Colrain,
which, from my test there, are comparable - I can't give detailed speed
comparisons.

For command line use (ssh), delay is pretty bad.

Net-net: she has had reasonable speed access in all weather (a bit
surprising),
with only occasional over-bandwidth charges.

SO I can't compare to DSL if you do have the option, if there is no option
HughesNet works pretty well.

Rich

--
Rich Roth