[Hidden-tech] New Design Thinking Workshop: A Six Week Workshop in Transformation Design: "Cocoon"

Lisa Hoag 1world4all at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 10:27:59 EDT 2017

Hello Hidden Tech Folk ,

I hope this email finds you well :) It's been a while since I've posted a
workshop here. I am just back from a sebatical. I am offering a new six
week workshop in "Transformation Design", where we will learn to frame our
projects in terms of audience experience. The class description is below.
The first class is on September 22nd, which is, I know, very soon. I am
also considering a Spring offering of this course. This is a new workshop,
and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please let me know if you have any
questions, or if you think this might interest you, or your community of
folks.

Warm Regards,

Lisa

Workshop Details:

Body: Skin: Cocoon: Transformation: A Course in Transformation Design:

experiential learning, audience engagement, interaction design, empathy
based design.

Reconsidering our projects as transformational experiences for our audience.
Just as a caterpillar needs a chrysalis to become a butterfly, we each need
a safe container in which to evolve and grow. In this class, we will learn
to translate any project into a creative container, which provides a
transformational experience for a viewer/audience/experiencer. Projects can
arise from any discipline or medium, and be expressed in any discipline or
medium or a combination.

HCAC Registration and long course description:
https://reg135.imperisoft.com/HCAC/ProgramDetail/35363937/Registration.aspx

When: Six Week Workshop from 9/22/17 - 10/29/17
Series of Six Interactive Lab Classes: Fridays 12 -5 (Note: last class on
Sun. 12/29)

Fee for 6 Week Workshop: $286

Where:
MGHPCC (Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center
100 Bigelow St, Holyoke, MA 01040
(413) 552-4900

(Note: dates for the Spring offering are:
Fridays: 12 - 5: March 23rd, 30th
April 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th)

--
Lisa Hoag Designs