[Hidden-tech] JOB: IT, Database and Web Manager at NESEA

Devan Folts dfolts at nesea.org
Tue Sep 12 11:37:59 EDT 2017

Hi there! Below is a job opportunity we just posted at NESEA. I'm pleased
to share it with this group. Thanks!

*IT, Database and Web Manager: Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
(NESEA). Greenfield, MA.*

We are looking for a dynamic super hero to join the Northeast Sustainable
Energy Association staff as our IT, Database and Web Manager in Greenfield,
MA. The ideal candidate will be as passionate about data, systems upkeep
and non-profit IT as they are about our mission, which is to advance the
adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment. We have
a great culture here - we play almost as hard as we work. We're fans of
lean impact, Seth Godin, and other entrepreneurial approaches.

This position requires a breadth of experience, rather than deep experience
in one area. The ideal candidate will be an IT MacGyver, someone who enjoys
finding creative solutions to challenges, is willing to pilot new ideas and
doesn’t mind working on the fly to get the job done. This person will have
extensive knowledge of small business IT hardware and software solutions as
well as skills in database and web maintenance and systems upkeep. We seek
someone who is skilled at developing and providing training for individuals
with varying levels of technical expertise and who can express complex IT
concepts in layman’s terms. This is a unique opportunity to shape and
implement IT strategy and systems for a small non-profit with a large
programmatic impact.

*KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES*

The IT, Database and Web Manager is responsible for the following duties,
within three categories of responsibility:

*IT Manager*

•  Manage IT on-boarding and off-boarding

•  Establish hardware and IT service needs of users and ensure continued
success of hardware and service solutions

•  Hardware and software capacity planning for the office including IT
budget

•  Manage building network and phone system

•  Coordinate/implement/lead IT training as needed

•  Technical support for NESEA conferences including in-house registration

•  Manage relevant consultants and contractors

*Database (CRM) Manager*

•  Install and test new versions of the DBMS

•  Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
and compliance with PCI-DSS

•  Strategize with Marketing Manager to streamline and optimize mailing
lists, campaigns, and unsubscribe options

•  Preserve assets by developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery
plans

•  Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and
definitions

•  Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff
to ensure database integrity and security

*Web Developer*

•  Monitor performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses
and good user-experience

•  Manage version controlled structural, functional, and visual changes to
website

•  CMS security, updates, backups, and maintenance

•  Active participation in open-source community for continued success with
open-source tools

*SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES*

   - Detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to multi-task.
   - Proficiency in computer related skills: Windows and OSX, Microsoft
   Office Professional, Google Apps. Hardware upgrades and management. Must be
   willing/able to learn other communications, project management and
   productivity programs used by NESEA (Dropbox, CiviCRM, Asana, Basecamp,
   Guidebook etc)
   - Proficiency in web related skills: Comfort with basic GIT version
   control, comfort with a shell environment. Must be experienced in or
   willing/able to learn CiviCRM and Drupal 7, comfort with basic MySQL and
   PHP a plus
   - Highly developed business and interpersonal communications skills
   - Ability to manage as well as work efficiently and effectively with
   staff and intern teams
   - Ability to work with NESEA work plans and timelines
   - Commitment to the overall sustainability of NESEA and its mission
   - Desire to learn about energy efficiency, renewable energy, and whole
   systems thinking
   - Availability and willingness to travel on a limited basis

*EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE*

   - Four-year degree preferred
   - At least 3 to 5 years of experience in a nonprofit association or
   small business desired

*COMPENSATION*

Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000. Eligible for health insurance after 90
days of employment. 4 weeks (160 hours) paid time off (combined paid and
sick time, start accruing after first pay period). 13 paid holidays.
Eligible for 401K after 90 days (organization will match up to 3%). Dog
friendly office. Flexible Schedule.

*HOW TO APPLY*

Send an e-mail to jobs at nesea.org, subject line “IT, Database and Web
Manager”. In the e-mail, tell us what super-powers you possess, why you’re
interested in the job, and why you think you’d be a good fit. Attach your
resume.

Thanks
Devan

Devan Kessel Folts