[Hidden-tech] At the Boston NonProfit Center: A New, Free Google Tool for Managing Data (October 20th)

Deborah Elizabeth Finn deborah.finn at techboston.com
Wed Sep 6 12:25:40 EDT 2017

Dear Hidden Tech Colleagues,

Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) exists to provide integrated technology services to mission-driven organizations.  It's also our privilege to offer you professional development opportunities such as the TNB Roundtable series, which are free of charge.

The Data Collaborative is sponsoring the October 20th TNB Roundtable session, which will focus on AppMaker, a tool from Google that is free for nonprofit organizations. Our featured guest will be Eric Segal, president of the Data Collaborative.

This session is for nonprofit professionals who do (or want to do) any of the following:

●  Create databases.

●  Maintain databases.

●  Supervise people who create databases.

●  Supervise people who maintain databases.

●  Make sure the data is collected so that the nonprofit organization can report on it.

●  Make decisions about his/her/their organization's long term data strategy.

These questions can also help you decide whether you’d like to participate in this TNB Roundtable session:

●  Do you have an Access database you need to get away from?

●  Do you have data that is sitting on someone's computer when it really needs to be available online?

●  Are you tired of spending a lot of money on Salesforce consultants?

●  Do you have an unusual program, and you do you need to figure out how to store its data?

Please note that you need a confirmed reservation in order to attend this session. To find more information about this session, or to register for it, please follow this link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tnb-roundtable-can-appmaker-help-you-a-free-database-tool-from-google-registration-37388849054?aff=hiddentech

This will be a professional development opportunity for nonprofit professionals who want to learn with and from their peers in other organizations. In keeping with the spirit of the TNB Roundtable series, this session will NOT be a sales pitch for any product or service - except insofar as we will encourage you to think about whether this free tool is a good match for your needs.

If this session is booked to capacity by the time you seek to register for it, please go ahead and put yourself on the waiting list. We have a good track record of finding seats for nonprofit professionals on that list.

I do hope that you’ll register and participate!

Best regards from Deborah

Deborah Elizabeth Finn  |  Senior Strategist
Tech Networks of Boston
1 Wadleigh Place  | South Boston, MA  02127
Phone: 617.504.8188 | Fax: 888.527.9333
deborah at techboston.com | techboston.com
We are a Certified B Corp! | Visit our Boston Techie Blog
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!