[Hidden-tech] * * * Seeking feedback on Canon CanoScan 9000F Mark II scanner* * *

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 13:35:52 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

​Has anyone got solid feedback and/or had any significant trouble with the
 CANOSCAN 9000F MARK II COLOR IMAGE SCANNER
​?
​See
https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/canoscan-9000f-mark-ii-color-image-scanner?searchTerm=Canon%209000F%20Mark%20II
​

Some notes:
• I am on the verge of ordering this scanner unless I hear compelling
reason not to, or testimonial for a different one.
• This scanner is $185. on Canon website, $170. on Amazon. My budget caps
at around $200-250.
• I need to buy new, not used. Needs to carry a good warranty.
• I want to use it
 for
​:​
​- ​
high resolution reflective scanning
​- ​
​low-res

​black and white ​
document scanning
​, and occasional
 ​
OCR
​-​
 transparency scanning for 33mm as well as
​120 format (
all of which this scanner comes with trays for)
​ ​
Canon tech support
​says ​
that although their website
​lists
 this scanner
​a​
s compatible up to Mac OS 7, that I will be able to download a driver
​for compatibility
 with my OS 10.12.6, Sie
rr​
​
a (soon to be High Sierra)
​ This is the only scanner Canon currently offers that can handle
transparencies.
• This scanner has a 8 1/2" x 11.7" image area, and I
​would prefer
 8 1/2" x 14"
​.

• I haven't found another scanner that does all of the above that is within
my budget, but I may have missed one.

I look forward to hearing any and all feedback,

Thanks,
Deb