[Hidden-tech] Experience with OOMA?

Annamarie Pluhar annamarie at pluharconsulting.com
Mon Jun 5 14:31:09 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Anyone had experience with OOMA - VOIP to a regular phone?

Longer story

I have elderly friends - he has Alzheimers, she is going to France. Last
time she left town he went to a local assisted living residence. She was
unable to call him on his cell because he kept turning it OFF. The power
button also says END - like they all do. He can't remember how he is
supposed to do it. Very frustrating for everyone.

I've been looking for a solution - how to have a normal phone attached
to a cell phone and found the possibility of hooking up OOMA to the
residence's Wifi network and attaching a normal telephone. Thoughts?
Experience?

Thanks!
Annamarie

Annamarie Pluhar