[Hidden-tech] Boston event: How Nonprofits Can Find and Use Public Data Effectively

Deborah Elizabeth Finn deborah.finn at techboston.com
Tue Jan 3 13:54:08 EST 2017

Dear Hidden Tech Colleagues,

Tech Networks of Boston(TNB) and TNB Labs (TNBL) are pleased to invite you to a Roundtable session on how best practices for nonprofits that want to find and make use of public data. Our featured guest will be George Reuter of Compass Working Capital.

Here is what George says about this session:

"Have you written a needs statement for your nonprofit recently? Struggled with what indicators to collect to evaluate your program? Nonprofits are regularly asked to put their mission and their program activities in the context of (or alongside) benchmark comparison data. "Collective impact" initiatives frequently ask nonprofits to align their activities toward key outcomes that are collected consistently in multiple geographies. Meanwhile, government entities at all levels are increasingly making access to public data a priority. Join us for a conversation about public data sources, tools to manipulate and visualize that data, and some examples of how to frame your nonprofits' story (your mission and impact!) using publically available data."

Registration is free of charge for nonprofit professionals; however, you MUST have a confirmed reservation in order to attend!  To make your reservation, please follow this link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tnb-roundtable-how-nonprofits-can-find-and-use-public-data-effectively-registration-30591480943

We hope that you can join us for a vigorous and informative conversation, in which you will be welcome to share your knowledge and experience with your peers!

Best regards from Deborah

P.S. For a frequently updated list of future TNB Roundtable sessions, please visit www.techboston.com/events .

Deborah Elizabeth Finn  |  Senior Strategist
Tech Networks of Boston
1 Wadleigh Place  | South Boston, MA  02127
Phone: 617.504.8188 | Fax: 888.527.9333
deborah at techboston.com | techboston.com

We are a Certified B Corp! | Visit our Boston Techie Blog
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!