[Hidden-tech] How did you learn web programming?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Feb 21 14:52:39 EST 2017

At Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:35:34 -0500 Evan Yeadon <eyeadon40 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wanted to get a general consensus of how people learned web programming.
> What helped you to get to a comfortable level where you were able to work
> professionally as a web programmer? Did you go to school, learn from
> working at a company, self-teach or a combination of these things? Have
> some people learned primarily by writing PHP within the WordPress or Drupal
> environment?

I basically learned ALL of my programming (from BASIC, FORTRAN, SNOBOL4, LISP,
Pascal, C/C++, Java, Assembler [8008/8080, 6502, 68000, CDC CYBER, and VAX],
Cobol, APL, Tcl/Tk, to HTML, CSS, PHP, and JavaScript), pretty much on my own
(mostly self-taught, with some courses here and there), mostly from books and
"just doing it". (And yes, that includes writing PHP, etc. within the
WordPress environment.)

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933