[Hidden-tech] Volunteer Instructors Needed for Tech Foundry (503c)

Keyla Centeno kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org
Wed Aug 30 10:46:24 EDT 2017

Hello!
Tech Foundry is looking for volunteers to teach classes on specific technical skills for our summer cohort.  Our organization works with a variety of people interested in pursuing a career in the IT field, ranging from local Community College students to those looking for a career change. Our typical student is between 20 and 40, from the Springfield area, and is new to the field. During the program, students receive instruction from local volunteers, complete an internship with a local employer, and develop their professional network. We connect with a multitude of employer partners who help us develop our curriculum so that we are only teaching the skills being sought in the field. Upon completion of the program, Tech Foundry works to place our students into entry level jobs in the area.
Our curriculum covers a broad range of skills, including programming, hardware repair, network setup, data analysis, and more. We are currently looking for IT professionals, graduate students, or hobbyists in the area who would be interested in volunteering to teach classes to our incoming cohort. This program will run Monday-Friday from 12:30-5:00 from September 5th - December 14th . Classes typically run for about 90 minutes and we are looking for volunteers to teach anywhere from one session to multiple sessions throughout the fall.  Please note that this is a volunteer opportunity and is not paid. For more information about the curriculum and the specific skills we aim to teach, please email me at kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org<mailto:kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org>.

At the moment, we are mainly looking for instructors to teach:

  *   Operating Systems (ASAP)
  *   Imaging and Deployment (end of September)
  *   Virtualization (mid October)
  *   Data Fundamentals and Disaster Recovery (mid-end of October)
  *   Databases (mid-end of October
  *   R programming (mid-end of October)
  *   SQL (mid-end of October)
  *   Compliance and Regulations (end of October)
  *   Risk Management (end of October)
If you'd like more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.thetechfoundry.org or feel free to send me an email at kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org<mailto:kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org>.

Best,

[tflogoblack2]<thetechfoundry.org>

Keyla Centeno

Team Lead and Design Coordinator

kcenteno at thetechfoundry.org

www.thetechfoundry.org<http://www.thetechfoundry.org>
413-276-0609 ext. 102
1391 Main Street, 9th Fl, Springfield, MA 01103