[Hidden-tech] Looking for Stereo Setup Assistance

James Triplett jm-hiddentech at vj8.net
Thu Apr 20 09:13:47 EDT 2017

On (18/04/17 15:49), Michael Muller wrote:
> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 15:49:41 -0400
> From: Michael Muller <tech at montaguewebworks.com>
> To: Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>
> Cc: Hidden-Tech Tech <Hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.net>
> Subject: Re: [Hidden-tech] Looking for Stereo Setup Assistance
>
> Hmmm... I thought wattage was wattage, no matter the cone size. It's
> totally possible that the stereo is under-powered for the speakers,
> but will they really just fuzz out when I get to 1/3 of the possible
> power output?

The "fuzz out" you describe is puzzling.  If the amp was just under-powered,
you'd just hear quiet sounds.  The "fuzz" makes me wonder if the power supply
you are using is not providing enough juice- dropping the electronics
below the threshold where they work at all.  Alternately, the power
supply could be poorly filtered and producing a rough signal.

If you have a voltmeter, check if there is 12-13v available when
the system is powered.

just a thought...
James