[Hidden-tech] Suggested software/hardware for recording phone interview?

Christopher Gendron info at artmuffin.com
Fri Mar 11 16:45:32 EST 2016

Hi all,
I'm looking for suggestions on the 'best' way to do a phone (or Skype)
interview with someone to use the conversation for a podcast.
So far it seems like an easy choice might be using Skype and 3rd party
Skype recording software (like Pamela or mp3 Recorder).

I'm wondering if that does seem like the best solution or if there are
other recommendations. I'm assuming that the interviewee's will always have
Skype but I don't know that to be for sure so am trying to also make a back
up plan if they need to call in with a cell phone or landline.

Anyone with experience with anything like this that has suggestions on what
to look for or even just what to stay away from would be appreciated.

I'm open to the idea of shipping a good mic to the interviewee if necessary
but am hoping to avoid something like that so they don't have to deal with
setup and shipping it back.

I understand that the person on the other end needs to know and agree to
the conversation being recorded and to be used later for a podcast.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

--

Check out my cosmic artwork: