[Hidden-tech] Seeking to hire consultant to help find the right app for my business

James Triplett jm-hiddentech at vj8.net
Thu Dec 15 09:44:58 EST 2016

On (14/12/16 17:17), Erica Silber wrote:
> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 17:17:23 -0500
> From: Erica Silber <erica at writtenwings.com>
> To: hidden-discuss at lists.hidden-tech.net
> Subject: [Hidden-tech] Seeking to hire consultant to help find the right
>  app for my business
>
> Hi all,
> I am a solopreneur looking for a more sophisticated project management app
> which I will need to begin using by January 1. What I need does not seem to
> be searchable on Google and it is taking way too long to look through
> project management app websites one by one to figure out if they have what
> I want, as none so far do. I'm hoping somebody out there is very
> knowledgeable about what apps are available and what their features are, so
> I can hire you for a consulting session and you can lead me to the best
> program for me. Please contact me if you can help, or if you know someone
> else who might be able to, please feel free to forward this message and/or
> send me their contact info.
>
> Here's what I need:
> 1. A program that will allow me to estimate project time for my own
> internal purposes (not to make bids to clients), and then give me a visual
> comparison between my estimates and actuals so I can hone my estimating
> skills and get a good sense of my typical margin of error.

It's a little clear whether you want an "app" which runs on a smartphone
or a subscription to a site that provides these tools, or software
that you can run yourself for your business.

If the latter, you might look at PancakeApp (pancakeapp.com).  This is software that
would be setup specifically for your company and run on a web server
somewhere. [ad break: I could set that up for you.]
I've been very happy with the software (after trying out a variety)
and recommend it to anyone in HiddenTech.

For my consulting practice, it runs as http://client.datamat.net
and allows my clients to login and observe and comment on what's happening.
I've attached a screenshot of the main dashboard.
I don't use the timers myself (but keep thinking I should ;-); they
seem very flexible for your requirements.

The advantage to this approach is that you pay for it once and you're done.
You own the data and you know that no one is going to use it for marketing purposes.

cheers,
James
Datamat