[Hidden-tech] JOB: Tech Foundry Incumbent Workforce Instructor (8 Weeks, $50/hr)

Alex Schwartz aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org
Mon Dec 12 14:28:41 EST 2016

Tech Foundry is currently looking for instructors to teach two courses starting this January. While Tech Foundry traditionally runs an entry-level IT workforce training program, we will also be piloting two incumbent workforce programs with local manufacturing businesses. One will be focused on Data Analysis and the other on using Salesforce. The programs will run for 8 weeks for 2.5 hours on a Tuesday and Wednesday night respectively. The class will be made up of employees from local businesses (mostly manufacturers) who are looking to learn and improve their skills. Right now, we are looking for two instructors (one for each course) to teach all 8 weeks. Instructors will be offered $50/hr for the duration of the courses. Course descriptions are below.

Introduction to Data Analysis Course (Tuesdays, Jan. 24-March 14)
Employees will learn the fundamentals of gathering and analyzing data to best suit their business needs.  The course will cover foundational skills focused on an overview of data collection, types of data, and basic data analysis using Microsoft Excel. Instruction will also cover Databases using SQL Server and running SQL queries to deepen analytical skills. Employees will learn best practices for presenting data, both numerically and visually, as well as tips and tricks for improving individual analytical skills as well as the useful application of data in the workplace.

Fundamentals of Salesforce CRM (Wednesdays, Jan. 25-March 15)
Employees will learn core functions of using the Salesforce CRM platform to advance their sales and marketing needs in a manufacturing setting.  The course will cover lead and opportunity management, getting started with and customizing sales reports, and forecasting features.  Additionally, the course will highlight how to use Salesforce to better connect with customers, improve efficiency, and provide stronger connections between data and sales.

If anyone is interested in teaching either of the courses, or know someone who you think would be a great fit, please reach out and let me know! I’m happy to answer any questions and discuss further with you as well.

Best,
Alex Schwartz

Alex Schwartz
Director of Programming and Curriculum
aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org<mailto:aschwartz at thetechfoundry.org>
www.thetechfoundry.org<http://www.thetechfoundry.org/>
413-276-0609
1391 Main Street, 9th Floor, Springfield, MA 01103