[Hidden-tech] Nodeschool International Day 2016

Sequoia McDowell sequoia.mcdowell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:23:06 EDT 2016

Greetings!

Sequoia here. You may remember me from such events as Nodeschool
International Day 2015, Hack for Western Mass, Webdive, or my recent Node
2-day intensive.

May is coming up and that means another Nodeschool International Day
<http://nodeschool.io/international-day/>! There will be events world-wide
on May 21 celebrating, teaching, and learning Node.js, on of the
programming world’s most popular technologies du jour. Nodeschool
International Day is a great opportunity to get started with Node.js or
level-up your skills with some more advanced practice.

Last year we had a great time, we offered 30 tickets for AM and for PM and
both sold out. In the words of some of last years attendees…

   -

   “Trainers were as available as needed and very willing and
   knowledgeable.”
   -

   “The javascript exercises went very well and the pastries were
   delicious!”
   -

   “Breakouts in morning went great, instructors and students all helped
   one another”
   -

   “Hurray, Javascript.  More, please :)”

Lots of attendees reported a desire for more collaboration, so this year
we’ll be encouraging attendees to work in pairs. Get to know Javascript
while you get to know your local colleagues!

We’re offering more tickets this year, but there’s been lots of demand, so
if you’re coming be sure to sign up
<https://ti.to/nodeschool-western-massachusetts/international-day-2016/>
soon.
Vital Info

   -

   Where: Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center
   <http://www.mghpcc.org>
   -

   When: May 21
   -

      9-9:30: Coffee & Networking
      -

      9:30-12:30: Getting Started with Node.js
      -

      12:30-1:00: Lunch
      -

      1:00-4:00: Flow Control with Streams & Promises
      -

   How to sign up:
   https://ti.to/nodeschool-western-massachusetts/international-day-2016/

Sponsorship

You don’t have to have sushi, mezzo platters, and delicious local pastries
to run a successful event, but it doesn’t hurt! Anyone who’s attended
events I’ve organized in the past knows I value keeping people fed,
comfortable, and healthy in the pursuit of productivity and learning just
as much as offering top-notch content & knowledgeable trainers, and I don’t
intend to break that trend this year.

None of this would be possible, of course, without support from our
generous sponsors. Last year MassMutual and Saucelabs carried the day. I’m
still seeking sponsors, so if you’d like to help support this free local
event & raise your company’s profile among the local tech intelligentsia,
please email & let me know!
Questions?

Feel free to email me at this address (sequoia.mcdowell at gmail.com) with
questions, or see our website: http://nodeschool.io/western-mass.

Follow us on twitter for the latest updates:
https://twitter.com/nodeschoolwma

Sign up now, and bring a friend!
https://ti.to/nodeschool-western-massachusetts/international-day-2016/

I look forward to seeing everyone in May & having another fun day of
learning Node.js at Nodeschool International Day!

Best Regards,

Sequoia McDowell

P.S. You’re receiving this email because:

   1.

   You attended a training of mine in the past or
   2.

   You attended International Day last year or
   3.

   You expressed interest in Node.js trainings

This is the only email I’ll send about this event unsolicited, so if you
want to stay updated sign up! If you can’t make this event but you’re
interested in future updates, shoot me an email, I plan to set up a mailing
list soon. :)
--
Sequoia McDowell

http://sequoia.makes.software