[Hidden-tech] Stock Photo Sites

Bruce Hooke bghooke at att.net
Tue Sep 29 13:22:20 EDT 2015

I've found iStockPhoto to be a useful resource for reasonably priced stock photos but to me a great deal depends on your needs and budget. Do you need one or two images every few months or half a dozen images every week? Is "reasonably priced" $10 or $15 (for a pretty good image) or is $40 "reasonable" especially if it gets you an image with more impact? To someone who has been in the field for many years even $100 can seem pretty reasonable when a single image for a book cover might go for upwards of $1000. Do you mostly need low-resolution images, in which case a place that charges less for low-resolution images could save you money, or do you commonly need higher resolution images in which case a place that charges a more fixed price is the better deal. For someone who needs stock images every week a subscription makes a lot of sense. For someone who just needs one or two images every once in a while a subscription would likely be a waste of money.

Bruce

  _____