[Hidden-tech] Crowdfunding

Pat King pat at woodpenny.com
Mon Oct 26 10:54:14 EDT 2015

Hi Hidden-Tech,

I'm looking for suggestions for connecting with local press to help to
spread the word about a crowdfunding campaign for an app my studio is
developing. I've reached out to a number of publications and media channels
in the area but can't seem to get any bites. Does anyone have any good
suggestions? Here's what we're working on below for reference.

Thank you so much!

- - -

Over the past 3 months, my studio Woodpenny <http://www.woodpenny.com> has
been working on developing an iOS app of what is essentially an animated
music video for a singer songwriter named Ben Sollee
<http://www.bensollee.com>. Why do we think this is interesting?  The
"music video" is better described as an interactive music viewing
experience.  We're using a 3D game engine that allows us to animate in a 3D
environment, which gives the person viewing the "music video" the ability
to view the world in 360° and any direction. We are choreographing all of
the animations and effects to music.  We're building this for use with the
Google Cardboard VR headset so the viewer can experience this "music video"
in Standard or Virtual Reality. What's really hard? Explaining what this is
and how amazing of an experience it is.

We're 95% complete with development and are using the Indiegogo flexible
funding platform to crowdfund which will help cover the music recording and
app development costs. We're 45% funded and have 10 days left in our
campaign.

*Link to the campaign*
http://igg.me/at/vanishing-point/x/12031916

*Videos for reference*
The Vanishing Point App - User Feedback
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDYQD21g54c>
The Vanishing Point - Standard vs Virtual Reality Use
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDJkA-lbCtE>
The Vanishing Point VR tech demo with Woodpenny
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdYOiQ_W7Y>

*Current Press*
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/q-a-ben-sollee-tells-techrepublic-how-his-virtual-reality-app-will-innovate-the-experience-of-music/

[image: Inline image 1]