[Hidden-tech] MS Access Questions

Adrienne LaPierre lapierre.adrienne at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 12:32:16 EST 2015

It's a peer-2-peer network with WPA2 encryption.  I don't think there's a
firewall.  No real performance issues with the database, except that one
user continually locks out others, despite having the same permissions as
everyone else and despite opening in multi-user mode.  And in fact she only
locks other users out when she has both databases open (there's one for
clients and one for volunteers).  When she opens just a single database the
problem doesn't occur.  But that's beside the point here.

However, a database redesign might be warranted because: 1) there's a need
for volunteers to be able to log in to view their schedule, track hours,
etc. and 2) at the moment there's a fair amount of redundant work because
it's often the case that both databases need to be updated with the same
information.  These are long-term considerations rather than immediate
needs though.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Donald M Stevens <dstevens at tryandfindit.com