[Hidden-tech] MS Access Questions

Donald M Stevens dstevens at tryandfindit.com
Fri Nov 20 22:00:48 EST 2015

Good Evening Adrienne,

1. They're now looking to upgrade a few of their older
Computers - What versions are they running now?
Is it all working other than you have old computers?
How many computers are we talking about?
What version of MS Office are you using?
Did you consider just getting new hardware and keep the current software, O.S. and MS Office?
No matter what you migrate to, there is always the chance of issues..
If you decide to buy software for your Non-Profit, have you checked out TechSoup.com?

2. Go into the Cloud or Stay out of the Cloud
If you have just a few computers, everyone works locally in the one office, no remote users or employees that work in Alaska etc..... No need to go to the cloud
I believe someone mentioned performance / cloud use...
What is your Internet Speed?

3. Office 365 and MS Office Software or SAS (Software As Service)
Generally you are not buying those CDs that get delivered to your door anymore or downloading the software to install. You buy, actually lease the license...
Basically you can use the MS Office software "in the cloud" for instance open a MS Word Document without actually having MS Word installed on your local computer...
As part of your MS Office 365 subscription you can install the software onto your computer (and five other computers) and use the software locally.
***** when they say 5 other computers, the license allows you to install on your office computer, your home computer, your laptop.... however they assume you are the person using it. You cannot (legally) install the software on 5 different computers in your office and be used by different people. Make cents?

4. I do allot of Office 365 Cloud subscriptions and local installs... from what I read so far, locally is better for you. I would be glad to talk to you about the pros and cons of either. I would need more information on what you have, what you want, where you plan on going...

Thanks,
don

Don Stevens
TFI technologies