[Hidden-tech] Any WooCommerce experts out there?

Jeff Brand jeff at deltafactory.com
Sun Mar 29 23:03:02 EDT 2015

While some of this depends on the theme, the default WooCommerce theme
uses pretty big image photos in the single listings. While there are
image size controls within WooCommerce's settings, the tags/CSS on the
front-end don't really adapt the layout accordingly.

Combined with WordPress' image scaling behavior, if you start with a
non-square and/or smaller image than the image tag is looking for,
really weird things start to happen.

I believe the standard theme's product image assumes it will be 300px
square. If that falls under the "way too big" category, then some theme
modification is necessary. If 300px would be fine but isn't what you're
seeing, create a larger (650px+), square product image to be used. This
will let WP/WC create the intermediate image sizes and use the proper
version in the entry.

One final note is that a quick search on Ultimatum reveals some unhappy
customers. Combined with WooCommerce's rapid development and
occasionally significant changes between "minor" version releases (v2.3,
the latest, being one of them) there's also a possibility that the theme
is broken in other ways and needs additional serious attention.