[Hidden-tech] NESEA is hiring a marketing and sales manager

Jennifer Marrapese jmarrapese at nesea.org
Tue Mar 17 17:40:34 EDT 2015

We are looking for a dynamic super hero to join the Northeast Sustainable
Energy Association staff as our marketing and sales manager in Greenfield,
MA. The ideal candidate will be as passionate about building and
maintaining relationships with existing and new exhibitors, members and
advertisers and optimizing marketing strategies, technologies and
techniques as they are about our mission, which is to advance the adoption
of sustainable energy practices in the built environment.

We have a great culture here - we play almost as hard as we work. We're
fans of lean impact, Seth Godin, and other entrepreneurial approaches.

*Responsibilities include:*

   - Utilize telephone solicitation, electronic and written correspondence
   and face-to-face meetings as tools in order to reach and exceed budgeted
   sales targets.
   - Research and develop a list of new sales leads.
   - Develop and maintain relationships with NESEA members, existing and
   potential exhibitors and advertisers.
   - Record all sales activity and pipeline in NESEA membership database;
   maintain a database of qualified sales prospects.
   - Clearly articulate NESEA’s compelling value proposition in a
   member-focused context.
   - Arrange for invoicing exhibitors and advertisers once agreements have
   been reached.
   - Coordinate various services for exhibitors (booth assignment,
   providing information re:  electricity or Internet access, etc.); assist
   exhibitors with any needs they have on-site.
   - Provide regular updates to Director of Marketing and Communications
   and Executive Director on sales and pipeline activity.
   - Assist in preparing promotional material to advertise sales
   opportunities.
   - Actively collaborate in regularly scheduled individual, departmental
   and organizational team meetings.
   - Convene “sales and marketing team” of relevant NESEA members and staff
   to help with outreach, schedule meetings, generate and implement new sales
   ideas and approaches.
   - Provide recommendations to Director of Marketing and Communications on
   budgeted revenue goals; booth and advertising pricing.
   - Conduct surveys/focus groups with exhibitors and advertisers to learn
   how NESEA can improve its service.
   - Assess and monitor the competitive environment and contribute to
   discussions on this landscape.
   - Delegate administrative functions to administrative staff and/or
   interns where possible.
   - Prepare presentations, proposals, and contracts.
   - Represent NESEA professionally at all times.

*Skills and qualifications include:*

   - Ability to communicate exhibitor/advertiser needs and resolve issues
   independently.
   - Ability to identify and develop leads.
   - Ability to use various technological tools to streamline work and
   share information (ex. membership database).
   - Ability to read, analyze and interpret sustainability-related
   materials and research appropriate sales leads.
   - Ability to work well and communicate effectively with a wide variety
   of people, including board members, volunteers, staff, members, etc.
   - Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail - ability to
   work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
   - Ability to make and assess goals and plans and revise both for
   effectiveness.
   - Ability to understand revenue goals and contribute to the bottom line.
   - Ability to work independently, with guidance from senior staff as
   needed
   - Adaptable and flexible to shifting opportunities, priorities and needs.
   - Commitment to the overall sustainability of NESEA and its mission.
   - Availability and willingness to travel. This position requires a
   driver’s license.

 We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in marketing,
business or a related field with a minimum three years of professional
sales experience. As our ideal candidate, you will have a professional
demeanor and style, mastery of standard office technologies and programs,
knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable technologies, and proven
business and interpersonal communications skills.

*How to apply:*

   - Send an email to jobs at nesea.org, subject line "Marketing and Sales
   Manager"
   - In the email, tell us what super-powers you possess, why you're
   interested in the job, and why you think you'd be a good fit
   - Attach your resume
   - Additional points if you:

·         Provide proof of past sales success

·         Have prior sales and marketing experience for associations

·         Demonstrate knowledge of digital marketing strategies

·         Provide examples of winning proposals provided to clients and
client references

·         Provide salary history/requirements

You can learn more about us at www.nesea.org. Thanks, and we’re looking
forward to hearing from you!

--
*Jennifer J. Marrapese*
Executive Director, Northeast Sustainable Energy Association

Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA)
*Join me at - **Building**Energy 15**, March 3-5, 2015 in Boston *
*#BE15: Knowledge. Experience. Community **- all found here. Click here for
event info & registration. <http://nesea.org/conference/buildingenergy-15>*
*NESEA advances the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built
environment*