[Hidden-tech] JOB: Contract Software Development at the Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center (MGHPCC)

John Goodhue jtgoodhue at mghpcc.org
Thu Jun 18 16:19:39 EDT 2015

We are looking for a full-stack Python/Django developer available for contract projects at the Massachusetts Green High Perfomance Computing Center (MGHPCC).

The MGHPCC (www.mghpcc.org) is a new, 10 megawatt, high performance computing center built in Holyoke, Massachusetts that supports the research computing activities of MIT, Harvard, BU, Northeastern and UMass.

In addition to supporting hardware and facility infrastructure, we also develop software and web applications that help us optimize building performance (energy monitoring, sensor data collection) and help our users operate their clusters (energy use/performance dashboards, reporting, billing, reference library, historical sensor information database/API).

Our software is written in Python; our web applications are built on Django; our servers run CentOS. Important supporting technologies include Postgres, Redis, jQuery, Bootstrap and SAML/Shibboleth.

We have several near-term projects that require immediate support.

Most development will be done remotely but you must be available to meet/work periodically at our  office in Kendall Square or at our Holyoke location.

Requirements:

Must:
Python
Django
Linux
Javascript
HTML/CSS
SQL Database experience
Professional software development experience

Should:
Experience as a contract developer
NoSQL Database experience
CSS framework experience
jQuery
Git
AWS: EC2
General networking
REST API development

Nice:
Other web framework experience (e.g. RoR, Struts, pick your poison...)
Postgres
Redis
SAML/Shibboleth
AWS: VPC, RDS, ElastiCache
Trello
Bootstrap
MoinMoin
Zabbix
OSSEC
OAuth
Hadoop/HDFS/HBase
ELK
Cisco IOS, NX-OS
Sensor, industrial controls, PLC data collection experience

Please send responses to
email: jtgoodhue at mghpcc.org
US Mail:
John Goodhue