[Hidden-tech] Auction house and/or consignment shop for antique tables?

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:36:51 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I have a few antique dining tables from my family, and I would like to
sell them. Craigslist has not been fruitful to date.

I have had some auction houses recommended to me, but so far, none of
them place a reserve (minimum price) on items, and I can't yet fathom
letting these tables sell for potentially a penny on the dollar of
what they are worth. (I am aware that antique furniture has dropped in
value, but Karen Keane, Skinner CEO, still gave me recent appraisals
of $300-500.)

Alternatively, does anyone know a consignment shop who would consider
selling these lovely tables?

I also have some antique/vintage tools to sell, with some of the same
questions.

I can forward photos and my CL listings if there is interest.

Thanks,
Deb